Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2015

The way we live

Anne- Marie Boucher, has a small family hotel with her husband, Pascal, near Quebec City, Canada.

(B).It's situated on the coat outside the town and near two notional parks. She says, " Our hotel has got wonderful views of the St Lawrence River and the Isle of Orleans.
(E).She has visitors from all over the world. She says, " We speak French, English, and a little Italian, Which is very useful! Our guests keep us busy both summer and winter, So we've always got lots to do".
(F).They don't have much free time. " But I like it that way," She says. "And I love meeting new guests." In winter
it's very cold,-10C. Their guests go skiing or snowmobiling in Mont Sainte-Anne Park.
(H).It's January now, and she is enjoying her favourite sport, dog-sledding. She's got twelve dogs, and she's racing them across the snow. She says, I'm working the dogs very hard at the moment. Next year I want to race in a dogsled competition. It's really excing."
 Lien Xiaohong, is 22. She lives and works in a toy factory in Guangdong province, China.
(A).She lives in a room with 14 other women in the factory dormitory, seven hundred miles from her family. The factory where she works employs 15,00 workers, nearly all of them women in their twenties.
(C). She works from 8 am to 7 pm. She has just an hour for lunch. She says, " I work five and a half day a week, but I usually do overtime in summer.It's very tiring. When I'm not working or studying, I sleep.
(D). Her monthly wage is about $65, enough to send a little back home to her family, and to pay for computer classes in town. She says, I haven't got any money left to buy things for me."
(G).It's the evening now, and she is having a computer lesson in a private school. There are two skills that are essential these days," she says. "English and computers. One day I want to be my own boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment