Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Lesson by Headway, Pre-Intermediate

1 Getting to Know you

  • Look at the pictures. Who are the two people? Reqad and listen to Marija. Complete the text, using the verbs in the box.



Marija KuzmaHello! My name's Marija Kuzma and I come from Zagreb, the capital city of Croatia. I'm 20, and I'm studying medicine at the University of Zagreb. The course last six years, and it's all in English! It's hard work, but I 'm enjoying it a lot.
I live at home with my mother, father, and grandmother. I can speak three foreign languages English, French, and Italian. I speak Italian because my grandmother's form Italy, and she alway spoke to me in Italian when I was very young. I speak English because I went to an English-speaking high school.
After I graduate, I'm going to work for Medicines sans Frontieres in West Africa, because I want to travel and help people.
 Jim Allen
Hello! My name's Jim Allen and I come from the north of England, near Manchester. I live in a villag just outside the city. I live alone now, because my wife died three years ago. But I'm near my daughter and her family, so that's OK. Until last year, I worked in a paper fatory, but now I'm retired. I never like my job much butnow I'm really enjoying life! I'm a student again. I'm studying with the University of  the Third Age.It helps retired people like me who want to study again, and it really wonderful. You see, I felt school when I was 15 and started work in the fatory, because we needed the money. Now I'm studying Spanish. I love it. My son lives in Spain with his Spanish wife. Next year I'm going to visit them for six months, so I want my Spanish to be good!
  • Look at the picture oh Jim. Complete the question about him
  1. Where does he come from?
  2. Where does he live?
  3. Who does he live with
  4. What did he do before he retired?
  5. When did he leave school?
  6. What is he study?
  7. How many children does he  have?
  8. What is he going to do next year?
  • Listen to Jim, and answer the questions. Ask and answer them with a partner
  • Complete the question to Jim.
1. Do you have  a job?
- No, I don't. I'm retired. I'm a student now.
2. Which university do you go to?
- I don't go to university. I study at home.
3. Are you anjoying the course?
- Yes I am. It's wonderful.
4. What are you doing at the moment?
- I'm writing an essay about Don Quixote.
5. Why did you leave school at 15?
- Because my family was needed the money?
6. Who are you going to visit next year?
- My son and his wife. They live in Spian now.

No comments:

Post a Comment